How to restore your site if the database is deleted
With WPTC plugin you can restore your WordPress site in few clicks.
What happens when you lose access to your wp-admin page?
You just need to upload the WPTC Bridge file to your WP root folder.
Now you should be able to select the restore points to which want to restore the site.
What happens when the Files and DB tables are removed from your server?
Nothing to worry! We got your back. All site backups will be saved in your Cloud Storage (Dropbox / S3 / Google Drive). Just follow the instructions below.
- Download the bridge and extract it.
(Download bridge package)
- Upload the extracted folder to the root folder of your WordPress site (If doesn't matter even if the WP site is deleted completely and the folder is empty).
- Visit the folder on your browser(eg. https://yoursite.com/wp-tcapsule-bridge/) and click custom Database details -> Load restore point
- Then you will be asked to upload the metafile.
- Go to your Cloud Storage(Dropbox / Amazon S3 / Google Drive)
- Open the Folder WP Time Capsule -> your site -> wp-content -> Uploads -> tCapsule -> Backups
- Here you can find the file suffix with wptc_meta.sql
- Download that file and click upload meta file once meta got uploaded it will be redirected to you restore points where you can select restore points and restore them.
(To download older meta sql revisions check here : https://docs.wptimecapsule.com/article/where-is-the-meta-sql-file-located )
- Now, you should be able to access the restore points using the WPTC bridge file.
Note Metadata SQL file is only available with WP Time Capsule v1.15.0 or above. So make sure that you have updated the plugin to v1.15.0 or above
And you should have taken at least a backup after upgrading the plugin to the above version.
Note: Check this link to know how to restore a site using WPTC bridge file right from https://service.wptimecapsule.com