Staging site error will be caused by anyone of the three common problems:
1. Misconfigured .htaccess file on the staging site:
- Rename the .htaccess file to .htaccess_old.
- Kindly check the .htaccess file of the staging site and change it to the default if there are many modifications.
2. Misconfigured wp-config.php file:
Solution: Check the wp-config.php file of the staging site, for any live site URL is configured instead of the staging site URL.
3. Misconfigured user.ini file:
Solution: Search for user.ini file on the root path of the staging site, delete this file and visit the staging site.
4. Too many unwanted files / DB tables included to the staging site:
a) Go to WP Admin Dashboard -> WP Time Capsule -> Settings -> Staging tab
b) Here in the Include/Exclude Content settings, exclude all the folders that belong to other backup plugins, cache plugin files, and other temp files and log files.
c) Similarly, Exclude content all the DB tables that belong to other backup plugins, log tables, etc.
Then retry the staging process.
5. Wrong contents on the .htaccess file
Edit the .htaccess file of the staging site and delete all the contents of the file and replace it with the following
# BEGIN WordPress
If the problem is still not resolved, then kindly write to us at firstname.lastname@example.org