How to migrate a site to another hosting using WPTC
Now, you can use WPTC plugin to migrate your WordPress site to another server. Kindly follow the instructions.
- Please download and extract bridge file on to the Wordpress root folder on your new hosting. (Click this link )
- Now visit the path /wp-tcapsule-bridge on your new location and enter the custom database details and click load restore points. Then download and import the metafile.(Go to your Cloud Storage(Dropbox / Amazon S3 / Google Drive). Open the Folder WP Time Capsule -> your site -> wp-content -> Uploads -> tCapsule -> Backups.
Here you can find the file suffix with *******wptc_meta.sql.gz)
- Upon importing the metafile, you will see the migration settings as shown in the screenshot below.
- By default, the replace links will be checked, and if you want to migrate your site to a new domain name, you can enter your new site URL here.
- Then choose the restore point to migrate your site to a new location.