How to migrate a site to another hosting using WPTC
Now, you can use the WPTC plugin to migrate your WordPress site to another server. Kindly follow the instructions.
1) Please download and extract the bridge file onto the WordPress root folder on your new hosting. (Click this link to download the bridge file)
2) Now visit the path /wp-tcapsule-bridge on your new location (https://examplesite.com/wp-tcapsule-bridge)
3) Make sure that you have created a new Database on your new server and note down the new Database details (preferably create a new DB with the same name, username, and password as that of the old site).
4) Now click the Database details button and enter the new Database details such as name, username, password, etc as created in the step above.
5) Click the Load restore points button.
6) Now you need to upload the Meta SQL file, you can download it from the cloud storage (Go to your Cloud Storage(Dropbox / Amazon S3 / Google Drive). Open the Folder WP Time Capsule -> your site -> wp-content -> Uploads -> tCapsule -> Backups. Here you can find the file suffix with *******wptc_meta.sql.gz)
7) Click the Upload Meta File button and then select the meta sql file download in the step above.
8) Upon importing the metafile, you will see the migration settings as shown in the screenshot below.
9) By default, the replace links will be checked, and if you want to migrate your site to a new domain name, you can enter your new site URL here.
10) Then choose the restore point to migrate your site to a new location, which would continue the migration process.
11) If you are migrating the same site/domain from one hosting to another hosting, then you would need to edit the DB details such as DB name, DB password, and DB username on the wp-config.php file on the destination site after the migration process is completed to avoid errors.
Other ways to migrate the backup: